High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Essential International Communication
Effective communication skills enable you to build better relationships, collaborate more effectively and avoid misunderstandings, confusion and delays. Our Essential International Communication training will take your communication skills to another level by giving you the awareness and skills required to interpret and respond to a wide range of communication styles and methods employed by colleagues, clients and partners worldwide.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
1 – 2 days
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- Anyone who works for a global organisation
- International sales and marketing teams
- Global project managers
- Those involved with international joint ventures or global supply chain
What will you take away?
- A greater awareness of your own communication style and its impact on others
- A framework for recognising and adapting to cross-cultural styles of communication
- Practical techniques for clear and effective business communication
Course content, methodology and trainer
International Communication Skills training can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content can include:
- Self-assessment: what is your current communication style? How are you perceived?
- Barriers to successful international communication
- Recognising cross-cultural communication styles and expectations
- Selecting the right communication mode
- Interpreting non-verbal signals: silence, gestures, space, eye contact
- Using humour across cultures
- Using international English
- Active listening and questioning techniques
- Delivering difficult messages
- Accommodation: how and when to adapt your usual approach
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to develop and practise your existing communication skills. Your trainer will share communication frameworks and encourage you to participate through quizzes, practice exercises, role plays and group discussion.
All our communication skills trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of intercultural and communication frameworks and best practice.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.