High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
International Email Writing
This International Email Writing training is for you if you want to write clear and effective business emails that are quickly understood and actioned by clients and colleagues anywhere in the world.
You will learn how to engage with readers from other cultures, build rapport through written communication and apply appropriate email etiquette. Your email writing will become more reader-focused and you will take away invaluable tools for building virtual relationships.
Meet our expert trainers.
I have learned more in 3 hours than in all my years at school. Thank you!
- SCM & Build Manager, Becrypt
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
Anyone who writes emails to international audiences:
- Global team members
- International sales teams
- Supply chain management
- Customer service professionals
What will you take away?
- Greater awareness of cross-cultural considerations when writing business emails
- Techniques for engaging with your readers
- An understanding of the principles of plain English
- An email structure that will ensure your message gets read
- Tips for email etiquette across cultures
Course content, methodology and trainer
International Email Writing can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content typically includes:
- Audience analysis: who and why?
- Email structure: making your message clear
- Using plain English: language choice, active vs. passive voice, simple construction
- Techniques for writing briefly: sentence, paragraph and email level
- Engaging with your reader: writing to all the senses (VAKL)
- Cross-cultural considerations for email writing: formality, directness, thinking style, attitudes to time and relationship focus
- International email etiquette
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to practise your writing and receive feedback from your trainer and peers. You will learn through exercises, quizzes, and group discussion and take away practical email writing techniques.
All our writing trainers have extensive experience of business writing and editorial combined with many years of training professionals and organisations to write more effectively.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.