High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Facilitating International Meetings
Meeting Facilitation Training is for you if you want to discover solutions to the challenges and frustrations of facilitating international meetings and learn practical communication techniques for working with a multicultural audience. You will develop your understanding of cross-cultural perspectives and learn practical techniques to help you get the most out of your international meetings – avoiding wasted time and frustration.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In company courses: maximum 10
Who is it for?
- Anyone who organises, leads or participates in international meetings or training events – whether face-to-face or on-line
What will you take away?
- A greater understanding of cross-cultural communication styles
- Practical communication techniques and facilitation skills for building relationships with international participants
- Tips and Strategies for better meeting management
- A checklist for international meetings from planning through to follow up
- Greater intercultural competence enabling you to interpret and respond appropriately to cross-cultural situations and challenges
Course content, methodology and trainer
International Meeting Facilitation Training can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but typically includes:
- Why do we have meetings? What makes a successful meeting?
- Purpose, expectations and perceptions – how does this differ across cultures?
- Planning the meeting: agenda, materials, roles and responsibilities, guidelines
- Relationship focus: breaking the ice, building rapport, group dynamics, encouraging participation, cultural sensitivity
- Task focus: time management, decision making, reaching agreement
- Cross-cultural communication styles and patterns: formality, directness, level of detail, turn-taking, use of humour
- Communication and facilitation skills: questioning, active listening, managing interruptions and handling challenging participants
- Closing the meeting and following up
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to apply what you learn to your own professional context. Your trainer will share best practice and models and will encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our meeting facilitation trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with many years of training individuals and organisations to communicate effectively.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.