High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
International Negotiation Skills Training
Would you like to be a more confident negotiator? Do you want to get inside the heads of your international partners and ensure your negotiations are successful in any context? Our International Negotiation Skills Training will help you develop your own negotiation style, learn how to interpret the cultural nuances affecting negotiations and practise tried and tested negotiation skills and tactics. You will take away practical techniques and frameworks you can apply to set-piece international negotiations through to supplier pricing agreements or inter-departmental projects.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
1 – 2 days
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- International sales or business development teams
- Global supply chain managers
- Cross-border M&A teams
- Anyone involved in formal or informal international negotiations
What will you take away?
- A greater awareness of your own negotiation style, strengths and areas for development
- An understanding of the impact of culture on international negotiations
- A clear process for successful international negotiations
- Practical communication techniques and negotiation skills for an international context
Course content, methodology and trainer
International Negotiation Skills Training can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content can include:
- Icebreaking activity
- What makes a good negotiator and a successful negotiation
- Self-assessment: your negotiation style and its impact
- Recognising and responding to other styles
- Cross-cultural considerations when negotiating internationally: attitudes to hierarchy, truth, relationships, time, bargaining
- Cross-cultural communication styles and techniques for negotiating: directness, formality, active listening, questioning and mirroring
- The key stages of a negotiation: from preparation to agreement
- Tactics for successful international business negotiations
- Practice, simulation and feedback throughout
- Action planning and next steps
Our international negotiation skills training is practical and interactive and will allow you to apply what you learn to your own professional context. Your trainer will share cultural and negotiation frameworks but the emphasis is on application, practice and discussion.
All our negotiation skills trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of negotiation theory and application.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.