High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Professional Writing Skills
Would you like to improve your ability to produce accurate, clear and reader-friendly written communication? Our Professional Writing Skills course is for anyone who needs to write reports, proposals, emails or other professional documents and would like to improve or refresh their writing skills. You will learn how to structure your documents and develop practical writing techniques to enable you to produce clear and effective written communication.
Meet our expert trainers.
Very useful for reminding colleagues of the need to be concise and to think about the reader
- Catherine Simes - Office assistant FAO
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
All professionals who produce written communication at work:
- Admin staff
- Customer service professionals
What will you take away?
- A clear process for producing effective written business communication
- Practical techniques for writing clearly and concisely
- A checklist for editing and proof reading your own written communication
- A structure that will ensure your message gets read
Course content, methodology and trainer
Professional Writing Skills can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content typically includes:
- Audience analysis: who is your reader?
- Planning and structure: for emails, reports and proposals
- Using plain English: language choice, active vs. passive voice, simple construction
- Techniques for writing briefly and clearly
- Grammar and punctuation refresher
- Editing and proof-reading skills
- Live practice and feedback
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to practise your writing and receive feedback from your trainer and peers. You will learn through exercises, quizzes, and group discussion and take away practical writing techniques to use in your work.
All our writing trainers have extensive experience of business writing and editorial combined with many years of training professionals and organisations to write more effectively
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.