High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Virtual Team Training
Communicating via technology is not natural for most of us but Virtual Team Training can help you to develop appropriate communication skills and techniques to work effectively with virtual teams or overseas clients and suppliers. You will learn how to improve communication, create trust and manage cultural expectations – leading to better virtual relationships and improved team performance.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- Global team members
- Employees within global organisations
- Anyone who works in global customer service or international sales
What will you take away?
- Solutions to the practical challenges of virtual communication
- Creative ideas for more effective virtual communication
- Tips for adapting to interpersonal and intercultural differences among virtual teams
- Strategies for building virtual relationships
- A checklist for managing effective virtual meetings
Course content, methodology and trainer
Virtual Team Training can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content typically includes:
- What are the challenges of virtual working? And the solutions?
- What is your communication style? How are you perceived?
- Understanding cross-cultural communication styles: directness, formality, need for context, level of detail, turn-taking patterns and use of humour
- Selecting the best virtual communication tool: for the task and the individual(s)
- Building relationships and trust through technology: understanding trust criteria
- Practical communication techniques
- Getting the most from online meetings
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to practise new techniques and apply what you learn to your own professional context. Your trainer will share communication and cross-cultural models and will encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our virtual teams trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.