High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Working with the British
Success in a British working environment requires much more than speaking excellent English. Understanding the cultural norms and hidden rules of British business culture can make all the difference between success and failure. Our Working with the British course will help you to understand the British mindset and know how to adapt to British business culture. You will learn how to build long-lasting relationships and to understand what your British contacts really think!
Meet our expert trainers.
Good presentation. The course was perfect. I don’t think any improvement is needed.
- Richard Jodeika, Assistant Front of House Manager, Hyde Park Residences
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- Expatriates living and working in the UK
- Anyone working for a British parent company
- Anyone developing business in the UK
What will you take away?
- Increased knowledge of the UK today
- A greater awareness of culture and your own personal and cultural drivers
- A framework for understanding British business culture
- Practical techniques for communicating and building relationships with British colleagues
- A toolkit for managing challenging situations in the British workplace
Course content, methodology and trainer
Our Working with the British course can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content typically includes:
- Understanding culture: models, definitions and sub-cultures, perceptions, judgments, generalisations and stereotypes
- Insights into the UK: key themes in British culture, multicultural Britain, historical, economic and political influences, facts and figures
- Understanding the British mindset: core British values
- British business culture: management styles, team working, attitudes to risk and change, the value of time, competition vs. collaboration, decision making
- Navigating the British workplace: building relationships, meetings and presentations, how to influence and negotiate
- Communicating with the British: styles and preferences, email and telephone etiquette, meeting and greeting, use of humour
- British business and social etiquette: practical do’s and don’ts
- Developing cultural awareness: what skills do you need to be successful in the UK? Strategies for adaptation
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to apply what you learn to your own professional content. Your trainer will share cultural frameworks and insights into British business culture and will encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our cross-cultural trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice.
We regularly assess our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.