High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Working across Cultures
Cultural awareness training is essential if you want to overcome the challenges of working across cultures and maximise the opportunities. Working across Cultures will develop your intercultural sensitivity and global skills so that you can build more effective relationships and communicate more efficiently with contacts from other cultures. You will learn to recognise and adapt to culturally diverse working practices, understand cross-cultural communication styles and manage intercultural conflict.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
1 – 2 days
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- Anyone who works for a global organisation
- International sales teams
- Global supply chain managers
- Anyone who liaises with international customers
What will you take away?
- Greater self-awareness and cultural awareness
- A framework for recognising cross-cultural values, attitudes and behaviours
- Practical techniques for communicating and building relationships across cultures
- The knowledge you need to avoid cultural gaffes and costly mistakes
- An understanding of how to maximise the opportunities of working across cultures
- Greater cultural intelligence enabling you to interpret and respond appropriately to cross-cultural challenges
Course content, methodology and trainer
Working across Cultures can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content can include:
- What is culture? Models, definitions and sub-cultures
- Perceptions, judgments, generalisations and stereotypes
- Cross-cultural working styles and preferences: attitudes to hierarchy, teamwork, rules, risk and time
- International business etiquette
- Strategies for managing teams, leading meetings, negotiating and presenting
- Cross-cultural communication styles and approaches: verbal and non-verbal, face-to-face and virtual
- Building relationships and creating trust across cultures: how, when and why?
- Developing cultural intelligence: skills and qualities for successful collaboration
- How and when to adapt your usual approach
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive intercultural training course which will allow you to apply what you learn to your own professional context. Your trainer will share cultural knowledge and frameworks and encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our cross-cultural trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.