High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Culture-specific Training Programmes
If you are living and working overseas, developing international business or building new relationships with people in another country or region you need to be sure you make a good first impression and avoid making mistakes through incorrect assumptions, poor communication or different expectations of what works best. We will give you the knowledge, skills and cultural awareness to work more successfully in Brazil, China, France, Germany, India, Japan, Saudi Arabia, Turkey or the USA – to name just some of the countries we cover.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- International assignees
- Sales professionals developing a new international market
- Anyone working for a foreign-owned organisation
- Management teams considering or making an overseas acquisition
- Anyone who travels regularly to a specific country or region
What will you take away?
- Targeted and up-to-date country information
- A greater awareness of culture and your own personal and cultural drivers
- A framework for understanding the target business culture
- Practical techniques for communicating and building relationships
- A tool kit for managing challenging workplace situations
Course content, methodology and trainer
Culture-specific intercultural training courses can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content typically includes:
- Understanding culture: models, definitions and sub-cultures, perceptions, judgments, generalisations and stereotypes
- Insights into the target culture: key themes, religion, historical, economic and political influences, facts and figures,
- Understanding the mindset: core cultural values
- Business culture: management styles, team working, attitudes to risk and change, the value of time, competition vs. collaboration, decision making
- Navigating the workplace: building relationships, meetings and presentations, how to influence and negotiate
- Successful communication: styles and preferences, email and telephone etiquette, meeting and greeting, use of humour
- Social and business etiquette: practical do’s and don’ts
- Developing intercultural competence: what skills do you need to be successful? Strategies for adaptation
- Action planning and next steps
These practical and interactive courses will allow you to apply what you learn to your own professional context. Your trainer will share cultural frameworks and insights into the target culture and will encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our cross-cultural trainers have extensive experience of working in their target culture combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice. We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.