High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
International Customer Service Skills
One size no longer fits all when it comes to excellent customer service. International Customer Service Skills training will help you to understand cross-cultural expectations of good customer service and enable you to put yourself in your customers’ shoes – anywhere in the world. You will learn techniques for adapting your communication style, building rapport and handling complaints so that you can provide exceptional customer service that meets the needs of your international customers.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- Front line sales staff
- Call centre teams and managers
- Back office support staff
- Anyone who liaises with international customers
What will you take away?
- Greater understanding of how expectations and perceptions of customer service differ across cultures
- Awareness of how to tune into the needs and expectations of each individual customer
- Practical techniques for communicating and building rapport across cultures
- A framework for managing complaints and handling challenging situations
Course content, methodology and trainer
International Customer Service training can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content can include:
- What is excellent customer service?
- Barriers to successful international customer service: assumptions, judgments and stereotypes
- Variables affecting international customer service: attitudes to hierarchy, time, uncertainty and quality
- Cross-cultural communication styles and approaches: matching and mirroring, asking the right questions, active listening, using global English
- Good structure for email and telephone conversations
- Building relationships and rapport with international customers: empathy, sensitivity and curiosity
- Managing challenging customers and complaints across cultures: conflict styles, self-management
- How and when to adapt your usual approach
- Action planning and next steps
Our international customer service training is practical and interactive and will allow you apply what you learn to your own professional context. Your trainer will share best practice and communication frameworks and encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our customer service trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.