High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Developing Intercultural Competence
If you would like to build stronger relationships with colleagues and partners from other backgrounds and cultures this two day Developing Intercultural Competence course is for you. You will become more aware of your own values and biases and will learn how to recognise and respond to cross-cultural perspectives and approaches. You will develop an intercultural toolkit that will enable you to maximise your international relationships and work more effectively across borders and cultures.
This course also includes access to the online International Preferences Indicator tool and feedback report.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 12
Who is it for?
- Anyone who works in a global team or organisation
- International sales teams
- Global supply chain managers
- Anyone interacting with culturally diverse colleagues or customers at home or overseas
What will you take away?
- Greater awareness of your own personal and cultural values and biases
- Frameworks for recognising and working with cross-cultural diversity
- Global communication skills
- An understanding of how to maximise the opportunities of working across cultures
- Greater understanding of your strengths and areas for developing your own intercultural competence
Course content, methodology and trainer
Developing Intercultural Competence typically covers:
- What is culture? What is intercultural competence?
- Stages of intercultural sensitivity: common responses
- Perceptions, judgments and assumptions
- Layers of culture: moving beyond national stereotypes
- Unconscious bias
- Cultural norms and rules: the ’platinum rule’
- The DIE model
- Recognising and interpreting cultural differences: values, attitudes and behaviours
- The value of cultural diversity in the workplace
- Managing cultural differences: adapting your style
- Push and pull styles: understanding your own preferences, strengths and development areas
- Cross-cultural communication strategies: questioning techniques, listening and observing, managing conflict
- Skills and qualities for internationanal success
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive intercultural training course which will allow you to apply what you learn to your own professional context. Your trainer will share cultural knowledge and frameworks and encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our cross-cultural trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.