High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Managing International Teams
If you manage a global or multicultural team this course will give you the cross-cultural management skills you need to build and manage successful international teams. You will learn how to create synergy among diverse team members and maximise the advantages that working as international team can offer. You will learn practical strategies to minimise the challenges and frustrations that can sometimes occur when working across cultures and will take away a toolkit that you can apply to your own team’s context.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
1 – 2 days
- Group size:
In company courses: maximum 10
Who is it for?
Anyone who manages or is about to manage multicultural or global team.
What will you take away?
- Greater understanding of cross-cultural team dynamics
- Enhanced global communication skills
- Practical strategies for enhancing cross-cultural management
- A toolkit for resolving conflict, giving feedback and managing performance within an international team
Course content, methodology and trainer
Managing International Teams can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content typically includes:
- Challenges and benefits of global and international teams
- Intercultural sensitivity for managers: understanding values, priorities and expectations
- Push and pull management styles: your current style and areas for development
- Building the international team: launching your team, team charters, building relationships, establishing trust, developing a team culture and shared vision
- Global communication styles: recognising and responding to cross-cultural styles, active listening and asking the right questions
- Managing conflict and giving feedback
- The international manager’s checklist
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to reflect on your own team management style and apply new ideas to your own professional context. Your trainer will share frameworks and best practice and encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our cross-cultural management trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.