High quality intercultural and communication skills training
- Useful Information
FAQs, Subscription to news, How to find us and brochure
- About LSIC
Why choose us, Trainers, Vision and approach, Blog, News, Testimonials
Managing Virtual Teams
This Managing Virtual Teams course is for virtual team and project managers who want to improve the performance of their virtual team while reducing potential interpersonal and communication challenges. You will learn how to recognise and overcome the challenges of working virtually and develop virtual management techniques for engaging, communicating and building trust with your team.
At our training centre in London or at your premises.
- Course duration:
1 – 2 days
- Group size:
Public courses: maximum 10
In-company courses: maximum 10
Who is it for?
- Anyone who leads a virtual team
- Global project managers
- Anyone responsible for remote workers
What will you take away?
- Greater understanding of the human and cultural factors at play when managing virtual teams
- Creative ideas for more effective virtual communication
- A checklist for leading successful online meetings
- Practical strategies for building virtual relationships
- Solutions to the practical challenges of virtual management
Course content, methodology and trainer
Managing Virtual Teams can be tailored to meet your and your organisation’s needs but content typically includes:
- Definitions of virtual teams and remote working, what kind of team do you manage?
- Challenges and benefits of virtual working
- Intercultural sensitivity for virtual managers: understanding values, priorities and expectations
- Building your virtual team: launching your team, team charters, building relationships, establishing trust and a shared vision
- Communicating with virtual teams: understanding communication styles, choosing the right communication method, email protocols, leading online meetings
- Managing virtual teams: reward and recognition, performance management, giving feedback and resolving conflict
- The virtual manager’s checklist
- Action planning and next steps
This is a practical and interactive course which will allow you to reflect on your own style and apply new ideas to your own professional context. Your trainer will share frameworks and best practice and encourage you to participate through quizzes, case studies, role plays and group discussion.
All our global management trainers have extensive experience of working internationally combined with an in-depth knowledge of cross-cultural theory and practice.
We regularly asses our trainers to ensure that they deliver high quality training that is meaningful, engaging and participative.